Thursday, July 30, 2009

CALL ME CRAZY...

Some might find me to be self-sabotaging (daft or clueless, at least!) as my first aspiration is to provide support to young families on the road to "happy".

Occasionally, a potential parent/client's request infers a suppressed need to hold onto that cash, or that they may have been coerced into this investigation. In respect/responsibility, my response provides them with a door "out" of their guilt.

(Should I have my head examined? There are a number of "envelopes with little cellophane windows"(AKA bills,) just lying in wait for my attention, on my own counter!)

Par example, my response to a recent inquiry from a parent whose initial email requested information about my services/prices for his 2 year old's birthday party:

Hi (insert name nere,)

Entertaining three month to three year olds is my specialty and delight, although I have equal success and experience with all ages. I believe that whether or not you offer entertainment, you can have a great party.

The inclusion of prof. ent. can allow the attending adults to enjoy the party even more, but is not a mandate.The younger ones truly enjoy the guitar music, and my experience has amply equipped me for the task of holding their attention and entertaining them with the best...In addition, I offer a festive but plain clothed appearance, or a costume, which does not include face obscurity, as this often produces fear in toddlers.

These younger ones usually prefer to have their hands (instead of faces) painted, so that they can observe the process. And balloons are an option, but I caution parents to ensure that they are never near their children's mouths, as they present a choking hazard.

I urge you to not underestimate the value of families getting together, and children playing in non-structured situations. Current societal pressures urge us to always have an itinerary, which is often the antithesis of what little people need.

Friends, community and celebration is truly sufficient.

I would love to participate in the festivities and celebration. It's up to you, but I promise, your party will be rewarding and memorable, regardless of whether or not you hire outside entertainment.

If you decide to go with prof. ent, please email me the max number of children you anticipate, and I will provide a quote.

Best,Cotton

It is doubtful that I would experience as much peace in my own life's storms, were my response to differ. If you need me, I'll be standing in the soup line, but with a smile on my face... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your wisdom: